Select Page

Making a complaint

This page gives details of our complaints procedure.

Sometimes people wish to give feedback, or a comment, rather than a complaint, and there is a separate feedback form for this purpose HERE

However, if you do wish to proceed with a making a complaint, click the button below. Continue reading to read more information about the complaints process



Most NHS care and treatment goes well, but sometimes things can go wrong. If you are unhappy with your care or the services you have received, it is important to let us know so that we can improve.

We find that, with good communication from all parties, most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time that they arise. This might be with your clinician or at reception.

However, if your problem can not be resolved in this way, and you wish to make a formal complaint, please let us know as soon as you can, ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks. This will enable us to more easily establish what has happened. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

It may not be possible to investigate your complaint if you do not contact us within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem, or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem.

How to complain

  • Online, using our complaints form.
  • In writing.  Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager.  Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment to see the practice manager in order to discuss your concerns.


What we will do

We aim to contact you by telephone, or email, within 28 days of receipt of your complaint.

When we look into your complaint we will aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again


Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we are bound by medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, our response is likely to be limited unless:

  • They have given their written consent


  • You are legally charged with looking after their affairs


  • In the case of children, you are their parent or legal guardian.


Getting help to complain

If you would like, you can seek advice and advocacy in making your complaint from NHS England or Healthwatch Liverpool:

NHS England Phone: 0300 311 2233.


Address: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch. B97 9PT

Healthwatch Liverpool

0300 77 77 007


If you are not satisfied

If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint please let us know.  However, if you would prefer, or are not satisfied with the final outcome of our investigation, then you can approach the Health Service Ombudsman.  The Ombudsman will usually investigate a complaint only after it has already been addressed locally.

Health Service Ombudsman contact details:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP or telephone on 0345 015 4033 (8.30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.)

For more information, please see the Ombudsman’s website.

You may notice that our online consultation provider has recently changed from E-consult to Blinx Healthcare, however this has not impacted how we process your requests. Please continue to submit online consultations using our new platform and your query will be reviewed the same day.


Admin requests, sick notes, booking certain appointments, and more. 


Find out how to order repeat prescriptions online.


Register as a patient with the practice.