Comments & Complaints


If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received, please let us know. Often this can be done easily at the time it happens with the person concerned. However sometimes you may wish to make a more formal complaint.

We operate a Practice complaints’ procedure as part of a NHS system for dealing with complaints.  Our complaints’ procedure meets national criteria.

How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem can not be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like to you let us know as soon as possible, ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks.  This will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  It may not be possible to investigate your complaint if you do not contact us within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem, or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem.

Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager.  Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment to see them in order to discuss your concerns.  They will explain the complaints’ procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.  It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.


Ways to Complain


Written or Verbal

What we will do

We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days of the datewhen you raised it with us. We will endeavour to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved within twenty working days.

When we look into your complaint we will aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again

Complaining on behalf of someone else 

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Complaining to the NHS

We hope that if you have a problem you will use our Practice complaints’ procedure.  We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice, but this does not affect your right to approach NHS England or Healthwatch. They provide confidential information and support and provide advocacy to people who are making a complaint about an NHS funded service.

Call: 0300 77 77 007

Email: [email protected]

Healthwatch Information, 4th floor, 151 Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2AH

However, you may want NHS England to deal with your complaint as they commission the service that has caused you to complain.

The choice about who you want to deal with your complaint remains your decision.

To complain to NHS England call: 0300 311 2233.  Email: [email protected]

Address: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch. B97 9PT

If you are not satisfied

If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint please let us know. If you feel that you cannot approach us or if you are not satisfied with the final outcome of our investigation then you can approach the Health Service Ombudsman and ask them to look into your complaint. The Health Service Ombudsman is responsible for ensuring that NHS complaints are dealt with properly.  The Ombudsman will usually investigate a complaint only after it has already been addressed locally.

You can write to “The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP” or telephone on 0345 015 4033 (8.30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.)

For more information, please see the Ombudsman’s website.